The English Learner Portal team is amazing! We are sooooo lucky to have gathered such a group of dedicated professionals. A Portal Peek introduces you to our team members as they share their favorite professional learning topics related to serving English learners and their families.
- About A Portal Peek & the English Learner Portal Online Classroom with Kelly Reider
- Meaningful Classroom Interaction with Mia Ariela Allen
- Building Academic Vocabulary with Beth Skelton
- Vocabulary Strategies with Katie Toppel
- Academic Language - Why it Matters with Adriana Brown
- Immigrant Family & Community Engagement with Laura Gardner
- Supporting Newcomers with Hazar Biddle
- Working with Newcomers Social Emotional Health - Reunification with Graciela Williams
- Song Writing with Frank Bonkowski
We hope you enjoy this peek in the Portal!
Founder, English Learner Portal
Kelly is the founder of English Learner Portal and has 25 years of experience in public education settings (MD, PA, VA, NC) including consultant, ESL program coordinator, school administrator, instructional specialist, & teacher. She is a WIDA Licensed Consultant and a recipient of the TESOL ELT Leadership Management Certificate. She provides consulting and professional development services in the WIDA Standards Framework & Assessments, meeting the needs of English learners across the curriculum, early literacy & language development, program evaluation, curriculum development, & long range program planning. Kelly holds a Master's degree in Instructional Systems Development & certification in Elementary Education, Spanish, ESOL, & Administration.
PreviewIntroducing Beth Skelton (3:09)
StartBuilding Academic Vocabulary with Beth Skelton (22:29)
PreviewIntroducing Katie Toppel (2:16)
StartVocabulary Strategies with Katie Toppel (6:09)
StartIntroducing Adriana Brown (2:53)
StartAcademic Language - Why It Matters with Adriana Brown (15:06)